Do’s & Dont’s
- Change your Passwords Periodically : Banks recommend that you change your passwords regularly, atleast every 30 days or so. To change your Passwords, login to Bank site and go to the ‘My Accounts’ section, then click on the ‘Change Password’ option given on top of the screen.
- Keep your Internet Banking Passwords Confidential : Generally, Banks assure you that Bank officials will never ask you for your Internet Banking Passwords.
- Take Care to Log Off : Log Off from online Bank Account every time after you complete your online banking session. Do not close your browser.
- Bank website to your List of Favourite Sites : Its recommended that you bookmark / add to your favourites the URL : https://sohandhande.wordpress.com in order to access information and transact on your account with Bank.
- Look for the padlock symbol on the bottom bar of the browser to ensure that the site is running in secure mode before you enter sensitive information.
- Clear your browser’s cache : Clear your browser’s cache and history after each session so that your account information is removed, especially if you have used a shared computer to access Internet Banking on website How to clear your browser cache.
- Shred unnecessary financial documents immediately : Discard pin or password mailers immediately after memorizing them. Never write them down.
- Do not leave personal information lying around in an unprotected place. Always ensure that your cheque books are kept in a secure place.
- Avoid downloading programs from unknown sources : Some sources may have hidden forms of spyware or viruses that could compromise the security of your computer.
- Do not open attachments sent through mails, if you do not know the sender.
- Never open email attachments that have file extensions like .exe, .pif, or .vbs. Such files are usually dangerous.
- Do not keep computers online when not in use : Either shut the PC off or physically disconnect it from the internet connections.
- Do not use shared computers for Net Banking : We recommend that you avoid accessing Banking site from a public / shared computer, for eg : cyber cafe etc.
So, start using Online Banking & save enough upon money, time, energy &